Hey guys, I wanted to take a quick second of your time and share with you five things that are important for you to know as part of Open Door. It’s an amazing season and things are happening all over the ministry that are exciting! Continue to believe with us for the continued favor and blessing of God as we pursue all that He has called us to do.
1. Our students in Four18 are experiencing an incredible move of God over this summer. We had standing room only this past Sunday night as students were hungry for Christ! Bottom line is God is answering our prayers from earlier this year that God would raise up a generation of students that would seek the face of God!
2. We currently have almost 200 kids enrolled in our Child Development Center and new After School program! That means that on a daily basis we will have the opportunity to pour into families and kids the great and mighty love of Christ!! That is awesome…. I am stoked…. God is amazing!!
3. We have been gathering on Thursday nights for some “Old School” prayer meetings and God has been stirring a passion for His presence in our people… pray that we continue to have a hunger stir in us as a people for God. Please make an effort to get here on Thursday nights from 7-8pm. Remember, as we’ve been saying during the Heart to Heart series, if you want something different than you have, then you have to do something different than you’re doing.
4. Uprise our college ministry is starting back this week. Please be praying for our volunteers and students that God would do something awesome on the campus this year. We are blessed to have tons of students that attend Open Door! Be sure to make them feel welcome and encourage them to attend Uprise on Wednesday nights in Mendenhall from 8-9pm in Room 15!
5. We are starting a new series next month entitled Epic Faith. We strongly believe that God wants to do something powerful in this new series over the month of September. I want you to invite everyone you know from young to old as we believe God to work in our lives and for our faith to grow. We’ll be looking at some very practical steps to walking out our lives with epic faith in God. You don’t want to miss this new series, and invite everyone you can because we are praying that God would continue to change lives each and every Sunday!
I love you guys and I am so grateful to be one of your pastors. Please know that God is for you and not against you and that as we place our faith in Him our potential is unmatched. No matter what you have done, His love for you does not waver!
I leave you with a comment from Pastor Dad this past Sunday that truly encouraged me: “Two days living in your sin is at least one day too long… get up, ask for forgiveness and go on.” You guys are awesome, and remember our best days are ahead of us!