Open Door, here are a few things that you need to know.
In opening, I would like to say that what we are experiencing right now is something I’ve never seen before. Momentum can be man created, but when God breathes it is sustained! From the opening of the year I felt like God gave me a word that we would double in attendance this year. The weight of what I felt was tangible and a little overwhelming at first. I didn’t know what it meant exactly as there were no real signs it would happen. I now believe it was prophetic as to what was about to happen. What we see now is literally unlike anything I’ve seen before, and I believe that it is just beginning. The determining factor of what happens now will be what it has always been: will we continue to seek God or become satisfied with where we are right now? Our prayer as a staff is that our hunger for God would continue to grow, and that we, as a church, would not back down from desiring more of Christ, more of His Spirit, and more of what He wants for us as a church! I am blessed to be your Pastor and we are just beginning to Love God, Love People and Change the World.
Here are 6 things we want you to know and we ask you to continue to pray for and celebrate with us about:
1. Overflow 2013, our student camp for grades 6-12, is FULL! This is huge, as our students are hungry for Christ. We decided to double the camp this year and before the end of March it is already full! They have a fundraiser coming up in April that you can help with, but more importantly please be praying for the leadership, staff, and students that are going, that God would show up big and lives would be changed! They will be selling BBQ & Chicken meals throughout April. You can find out more by clicking here.
2. Uprise, our young adult ministry for 18-25 year olds in downtown Greenville, is exploding! John Conway and his team are slaying dragons and people are coming to know Christ and experience the power of the Holy Spirit! I realized after it was set to launch that the very location had been something Michael Chandler and I, with several others, had circled many years ago believing Open Door would have a presence there one day in downtown Greenville. It’s happening… and it is just beginning! They have been running 60+ since the start in February and I am about ready to SHOUT with joy over it!!
3. Life Groups are going amazing! More than likely you’re in one and God is showing up in a big way as we read The Circle Maker! Over 450 people are in small groups right now. That’s double the amount of people we’ve ever had in Life Groups! Not only that, but marriages and individuals are seeking God in ways like never before. It is truly a promise of God realized. We are releasing our new catalog for summer Life Groups soon and I encourage you, if possible, to make this commitment to get into a group. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!
4. We are growing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have literally seen a jump in attendance of 400 people since the beginning of the year. We broke the 1000 mark for the first time in our history during this stretch. While numbers aren’t everything they do mean YOU ARE INVITING PEOPLE which is a huge honor that our staff and volunteers don’t take lightly. With that, please be praying as we need help in our children’s areas to help facilitate the growth. If you can volunteer on Sunday to help in this area please click here. Also be praying that people will experience the love of God and be drawn closer to Him in our services, and help us by loving on people around you and making them feel welcome!
5. We had our Next Generation Building Campaign offering a few weeks ago and were blown away by what God did. Over $223,000 was taken in to launch the effort. The faithfulness of our God and the faith the families of Open Door have in God amazes me. We are humbled by what has taken place and we believe, by faith, that we will build this next phase DEBT FREE in Jesus name!
6. EASTER IS COMING, and we are ready! We are calling it Scandal of Grace and we are expecting crazy big crowds, but more importantly we are expecting for many to rededicate their lives to Christ and to receive Jesus for the first time. Our big ask of you is to invite someone you know. Our big ask of God is that He would move and that it wouldn’t be a performance, but that it would be all about Jesus so that He can do a real work in people’s hearts. Our Senior Pastor called for a Daniel Fast leading up to Easter. You can find out more about that by clicking here. We are so expectant of what God will do that day. I’m so excited I might even wear a suit!!!!
We love you and are honored to pastor a church like you Open Door…let’s press into Him and continue to seek Him!
Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name goes all the glory for your unfailing love and faithfulness. – Psalm 115:1